16 Sep Here’s How Dental Implants Can Restore Your Confidence
The way you feel about your smile is important. Your smile is one of your most prominent features and lights up your face. However, when you have cracked, chipped, or missing teeth, it can cause a big blow to your self-confidence. Dealing with issues like these can make the simple act of smiling a nightmare. That is why so many individuals choose to get dental implants in Kelowna. At Okanagan Perio, we are happy to offer our patients dental implants. Read on to learn more about how dental implants can restore your smile and boost your self-confidence.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a form of restorative dentistry that replaces both the tooth and tooth root. Dental implants have three central parts. The first part is a titanium implant post which is surgically inserted into your jawbone by an experienced periodontist near you. The next component is a porcelain dental crown that works to replace the visible portion of your tooth and is custom-made to blend in perfectly with your smile. The final component is an abutment that works to connect the dental crown to the implant post.
What Can Dental Implants Fix?
Aside from replacing missing teeth, dental implants can also be used to address a number of oral health problems, such as:
● Chipped or broken teeth
● Bone loss
● Loss of facial structure
● Dental bridge or denture replacement
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants come with many benefits, including:
● Natural look and function- Dental implants are the only restorative dentistry option that replaces both the tooth and root. As such, dental implants near you mimic both the appearance and function of natural teeth. With the technologies available today, the dental crown that is used to replace the visible portion of your tooth can be perfectly matched to your surrounding natural teeth so that your implants blend seamlessly with your smile.
● Improved facial appearance- when you get a dental implant installed by a periodontist in Kelowna, it not only improves your smile but your entire facial appearance. When you lose teeth, your jawbone no longer has the stimulation that it requires to continue growing in a healthy manner. As such, the jawbone begins to deteriorate, significantly affecting your facial structure. When you get a dental implant, the implant post acts as a tooth root, stimulating your jawbone and helping you maintain your youthful facial appearance.
● Restored chewing and speaking abilities- besides restoring your smile and boosting your self-confidence, dental implants also restore your ability to speak and eat with ease.
● Prevent further oral health problems- when you have missing teeth, your oral health can suffer. The remaining teeth shift to fill the gap, leading to bite misalignment and the need for extensive orthodontic treatments down the line. When you choose to get dental implants, they will fill this space and prevent teeth from shifting.
Interested in Dental Implants?
If you have missing teeth and would like to learn more about if you are a viable candidate for this procedure, please feel free to contact our team of dedicated dental professionals at Okanagan Perio. We are happy to provide our patients with dental implants to boost their confidence and transform their smiles. Please contact us to book your appointment today.